Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Big News
This morning I woke up thinking about what career might be in my future. Perhaps my former Arby's career? Sanitation Engineer? Plasma Donater? It may seem odd that I was thinking about these occupations considering that fact that I have a degree in education. But, last month we decided we were moving to Salt Lake and I officially quit my job. So I was jobless, we were moving, and I was not having much luck with interviewing. Finally, however, after two interviews at the same school for two different grades, I got a job! The principal called me today to offer me a 5th grade position. The school is very nice and very intense. It's extremely diverse. A little bit different from my 100% white kid, single language class this year. The other teachers on my team are doctors or masters of just about everything and I can tell that there are high expectations. I feel a little bit intimidated but pretty excited. I can tell that it will be a challenging year for me but I know I'm going to learn a ton and have a very rewarding year. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Congratulations on the new job. I'm happy for you that at least you know where you'll be working... now all you need is a great place to live!
Congrats my dear! You'll be great :)
That's really great! I think you will really love the diversity too. Price is diverse and when I worked at the elementary I loved it- it was 2nd grade but I'm sure kids are still pretty great in 5th grade. :) Congrats.
Wow! Do you know where you are living yet? We can still be neighbors... :)
Congrats and good luck on your new job! You will do great as an explorer!
Post a Comment