Friday, May 23, 2008

Last Day

Well today was the last day of school. I thought I would be so happy and relieved to finally have summer. But actually, I'm having bittersweet feelings. I decided to post this from the computer in my classroom just cause I'm having a hard time leaving for the last time. I worked at such a great school this year with great people and kids. I love my class. I was so sad as they all hugged me goodbye. It's probably the last time I'll ever see them. But it's also a good feeling to know that I spent tons of time and energy trying to help them become better people. I'm excited to move on to my new school and have new and different experiences. But it's hard to say goodbye and see it end. So here's to you M. Elementary and Mrs. [Apple's] class of 2008! I'll miss you!



My cute class on our last day together



My empty classroom

3 comments:

raquelb said...

For some odd reason I just wanted to cry as I looked at your cleaned out classroom...I bet it was really hard for you! Just think though, in a few short months you'll have a classroom full of new ones to drive you up the wall. :)

Debbie said...

Oh, so sad! We never did get a picture of you teaching or at least sitting at your desk looking 'teacherish'. We are so proud of you.

raquelb said...

WHY DON'T YOU POST ANYMORE? Get with it girl!

Love you...