
Monday, May 5, 2008
Poor Me
I'm having a pity party and everyone's invited. So if you want to come, read on! This morning I got to work and as I walked down the hall I realized it was teacher appreciation week. Finally some appreciation for all my hard work, blood, sweat, and tears. It's the tradition here for the room parents to elaborately decorate the teachers' doors. I walked past doors that looked like dog houses, jungles, gardens, even some with the kids on motorcycles. There were 3 dimensional pictures, bubble letters, bright colors, cute "we love our teacher" sayings. It was like walking down a hall of giant pages from Hali's scrapbook. As I approached my door I realized it looked a bit out of place. That was because it looked the same as it has all year with my lame "welcome" sign on it. No cute decorated door for me. No appreciation for me dealing with people's snot-nosed kids all year! So then my kids all come into class and say "Mrs. [Underwood], why didn't we decorate our door? Our door isn't as cool as Mrs. F's door. Are we going to decorate our door today?" During the morning, one of the women who works here noticed and slapped together a poster to tape up on my door so I wouldn't feel left out. (Thanks Mrs. S.) Okay so this really isn't a big deal and not reason for me to quit my job or lose my self-esteem. But I was already feeling a little overwhelmed and under-appreciated so it just would have been nice to have a door that looked like a miniature beach or a giant pizza. I mean is that so much to ask? Poor me...sometimes life is just so unfair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You're the best teacher EVER!
I'm so sorry they didn't decorate your door. That was so not nice!
We all love you and so do your kids. If they were old enough to do it they would have decorated your door themselves. I think you just have irresponsible, inconsiderate, loser room parents this year!
Hugs from me.
Hugs from me too!
I will scrapbook you a giant pizza and bring it to Vegas ;)
Much luv
I hate your room parents! I swear, some people! They expect you to teach their kids and practically raise them for 10 months and don't even give any thanks for the hard work you put in. Shame on them! I love you and appreciate all you do.
Post a Comment