Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fat Pants


Time again for my bi-monthly blog entry. I'm normally better at blogging but I just haven't felt so hot for the last couple months. I've been really tired, bloated, nauseous, dizzy, lost my appetite (yeah-believe it!), and suddenly I can't button up my pants. Turns out it's a baby. He or she will be making his/her debut on August 4, 2009. I have been hesitant to blog this exciting news due to my paranoia and belief in jinxes. But now that I have passed the three month mark, I feel more comfortable in sharing my news. Most of you probably already know because I couldn't contain my excitement, despite the eminent threat of "the jinx." But I am now officially coming out of the maternity closet to the blogging world. Only six months and (hopefully only) 25 more pounds to go! P.S. Can I wear sweat pants to school?

19 comments:

Shayla and James said...

Hey Amy,
Oh congrats,congrats. What exciting news. You are going to be a fabulous mom, and this little baby coming, will be so lucky with everything you will teach him or her. Good luck and keep me posted. So fun! I definately am jealous.
-Shayla(old roommate-in case you forgot:))

Debbie said...

Yay! Congrats on coming out. I'm so excited I can't stand it!
Grandma... has such a nice ring to it! ;)

Lynley and Levi said...

Yay for fat pants! I keep having nightmares that I am pregnant since everyone I know is prego. I hope they arent true. Congrats and hope you get feeling better.

Clayton and Heidi said...

Umm that baby better make its debut on August 4th. That is the best day EVER. The day Clayton and I entered into holy matrimony. Awesome day I tell ya!

Congrats! I told Clayton and he said, "Really! Makes since isn't it her 1st or 2nd year teaching? That's how it goes with teachers." Seriously you are going to make a great mom and we are both so excited for you!!!

Stefanie D. said...

Hey Congrats! That is exciting! Pshhh....I could totally wear sweatpants to teach school. Haha.

Jill Park said...

Congratulations! I did hear the news...yes grandma Debbie shared the news at church. (She must be excited LOL) You will be a great Mother!

Hali said...

Yay! I can officially congratulate you now....SO... CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you two. Hope you get feeling better.

matesen said...

You make me laugh! Anyway, congrats! It is so much fun being a mommy-you will love it!

Unknown said...

I heard that only the most beautiful and most wonderful babies are born on August 4th... :) I'm so excited for you and Jared! What are you more excited about, not teaching or having a baby? Love you!

Unknown said...

argh! It's me Raquel...not CASEY! :)

Josh, Darci, & Ainsley Bentley said...

Congrats Amy! Yeah that morning sickness or as I say "all day sickness" can definintely kick your butt! But no worries it will eventually go away. You'll have so much fun being a mommy, I think its the best job ever! BTW, I wore sweat pants to work, it was either me being grouchy cause my pants were TOO tight or me being happy and being in my sweatpants...ooohh they are lovely during pregnancy!! Good luck!!

Kristin said...

Yay!!!!! A baby Madeo! Professional shmrofessional. Bring out the sweats!

Shayla and James said...

Hey Amy,
I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday. I was looking through an old journal, and I happened upon when we were roommates and threw you a party with the ballons and everything. Good times. Have a great day.
:)Shayla

Vance Family of 5 said...

YAY! It's finally official! I'm so so excited for you! And can I just tell you so ready to have mine... hopefully any day now! And wait til you try maternity pants... lol they are like wearing sweats, I love em!

Powell said...

we are only due 2 weeks apart! You will love it- not so much being sick but the baby being here part. I'm excited for you!

Amy Frandsen said...

Hey girl, Don't give into those ugly maternity clothes. I never wore them! You can alter your normal cute clothes to make them fit! There's lots of tricks in the books! ha ha! CONGRATS! Being a mom is the most wonderful thing in the world! I absolutely love it! Trey will be a month old next week! AH! The time is flying by!!! ~Amy~

McKell said...

Oh YAY!! What exciting news Amy! I'm so happy for you guys :) I think everybody is going to beat us on having little ones... haha. Congrats!

Shawna said...

Jesse actually spilled the beans the night you guys told him but we were very excited for you and Jared. Being a mom is great and we love anytime another couple is adding one more friend for Jocelyn! Hope the morning sickness ends soon!

Brittany said...

That is so exciting! I am so happy for you. Kids are the greatest thing ever. It will definitely keep you busy though :)