Monday, November 9, 2009

Sweat Pants and Fuzzy Teeth

Do you ever get to the end of the day, run your tongue across your teeth, and realize you never got around to brushing them? When I "retired" and moved on to motherhood, I thought there would be nothing to it. I mean I had been taking care of 25 kids for the past two years so how hard could one little baby be? I was actually worried I would be bored. Now it is 11:00 at night and I have fuzzy teeth that, once again, I never got around to brushing. I took my shower for the day about two hours ago, and I am now wearing my bedtime sweat pants as opposed to my daytime sweat pants. I'm not sure what time or day it is (is it the end of the week or the beginning?), don't know for sure when I washed my hair last, and I'm positive I have lots of things to do but I seem to have lost a significant portion of my short-term memory. What has happened to me? Is this a motherhood phenomenon? Is it due to the exhaustion of sleepless nights? Constant breast-feeding? Never-ending diaper changes and poop leakage? Could it be the unaturally high tone of voice I seem to have developed? Or maybe it's the germaphobia that occupies every waking moment while I boil and sanitize in the fight against swine flu? Whatever the cause of this insanity, this face makes it all worthwhile don't you think? (The picture is dark because the flash freaks her out. If you can't tell in the picture, she has learned to blow spit bubbles. My child is a genius!)

9 comments:

KK and Company said...

She is ADORABLE!!

Januari and Jaden said...

Of coarse it does...totally and completely worth it!!! And as always she is adorable! Cute family picture on top, whatever you call that.

Debbie said...

Yep, it's a common case of 'motherhood disorder'. Brush your teeth and call me in the morning. lol
SO WORTH IT!

SoRenSeNs said...

I'm sitting here laughing to myself, because you just managed to sum up the last 2 years of my life! My germaphobia has tripled since having a child, and I remember late night showers and never wearing anything other than pajamas. It does get better, hang in there. They are SO worth it though!

Clint and Britney said...

Can you believe there are still moments though when you look at them and get choked up because no matter how tired you are they are still so cute, and you can't believe it's possible to make such a thing! AHHHH.... Motherhood!

Stefanie D. said...

So cute!

Vance Family of 5 said...

So TRUE! I totally remember feeling that way :) What a doll she is though, it's SO WORTH IT!

Anonymous said...

your posts are so funny!! and your little girl is so cute! I haven't gone to that website in a while and I def. don't have any codes to get on. Sorry! but google it and you may find more info. I found a lot a few months ago and then got too busy to do it! I will start as soon as I can.... like next summer!!! haha

chip and bex said...

i totally know what you mean! i can't think of a time in my life where i never got around to brushing my teeth more than now that i'm a mom :) I'm so glad you posted on my blog. I've wondered how you guys were doing! your baby is so cute!! hope you guys are doing well.