Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Teethies

Are you supposed to brush baby's teeth as soon as they come in? Kellyn has two cute bottom teeth that I want to take care of! Please advise.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Yes, you are suppose to 'clean' them. When they are so tiny even just using a damp washcloth will work fine. I can't say I always did this but that's what 'they' say. I've seen baby toothbrushes too.

SoRenSeNs said...

I was always told to start brushing them as soon as they appear, along with their gums. So I have always done this. I figured that at the very least I was teaching him healthy dental habits at an early age. They do have baby toothbrushes, just look on them and they have different ages/stages listed on them. Also, you probably know this but just in case, you need to get floride free toothpaste, since she can't spit it out yet.

Trent and Whit said...

yeah, so I've been told. I just get the Elmo finger brush and paste for babies at like WalMart. It's a lot softer on them than an actual brush and the paste is fluoride free

Vance Family of 5 said...

Amy, I'm using that Elmo finger brush that has already been mentioned. Gage absolutely loves getting his teeth brushed. Good luck!

Januari and Jaden said...

Yes, yes! They should be brushed and kept clean.

Rhiannon said...

I love the video clip you put on of the girls, that was so funny!

Angela said...

Hey Amy! This is Angela Burkhart! Hope you guys are doing well & hope Jared's job is great & that you're retirement is great as well:) You're little girl is so so cute. Oh, I have no idea what to do about baby teeth, I just wanted to say hello!