Thursday, June 10, 2010

In Nine Days...


...my baby will be ten months old! It's going too fast! She now has six teeth--the better to bite me with, she is crawling EVERYWHERE and getting into EVERYTHING, "talking" non stop, walking with some assistance, and sleeping 12 hours at night. Yes, 12 blissful hours! Although I do kind of miss not seeing her for twelve hours straight, I am not complaining! I am one happy, rested mama! She recently has started dancing while standing up which is hilarious, yesterday she did the actions to the song "Popcorn Popping" with me, and she has started making what we refer to as the 'monkey face.' If you have seen Zoolander, just think Blue Steel--that's the monkey face and it is also hilarious. Now we are just attempting to get all of her adorableness on camera. She has a fascination with electronics (does a camera fit into the "electronics" genre?) so any time we get out the camera, the only thing she is interested in is getting it in her mouth as fast as possible. We have to be very sneaky. Wish us luck! Here are some pictures from our zoo adventure this week. She didn't quite get the "look, there are animals in the cages!" concept. But there were lots of other interesting things to look at such as shiny objects and crazy loud kids running around.



She was way more interested in the fence posts than the huge giraffe. Hmmm...














A few minutes of this and Jared's back was aching. I think she's outgrown the baby
pack.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is so cute!! how much does she weigh? lol bc she looks the same size as my huge 4 month old!! haha

Rhiannon said...

I need to email you the pics Ryan got of you guys at the zoo! Yes, that face of Kellyn's does look like a monkey, it's so cute! I hope you can get a picture of it some day!

Angela said...

What a cute girl. And 12 hours! You go girl, that must be amazing.

Januari and Jaden said...

Cute pictures! I can't believe how big she's getting. So how did you go from her waking up so many times in the night to sleeping for 12 hours straight?? That's amazing...I need to know your secret so I can get it on the next one.

Shawna said...

I love that Jared would wear the carrier, KC has alredy refused :) And I am very happy to hear about all the sleep you are getting now that I'm not! Hope to see you guys this summer sometime!

Fish Nat!on said...

I'm pretty shocked you let her touch the bar on the merry go round. You have really come a long way.