Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Please Pass the Tofu
I have decided to quit eating meat. I have always been an animal lover and had thoughts of vegeterianism in the back of my mind. But I never wanted to take the time to really consider where my food was coming from or make the effort to change the way of eating that I was accustomed to (and obviously enjoying.) I've been really thinking about this for the past week and then today I made my decision. I watched a video on http://www.meat.org that I think everyone who is consuming meat, eggs, or milk should see. I couldn't download it to my post but if you click on the link it will start playing. I literally cried through this movie. (Yeah it's PMS time right now but I think I would have cried anyway.) I think it will probably be a hard transition and may have to be gradual. But I'm taking a stand against this corrupt and abusive system. It's wrong. Maybe we should all "meet our meat" and think about where our food is coming from.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I have to admit that I'm kinda thrown off. It's weird because I've always been weird with meat and still to this day have issues with it but I don't think I could call it all off. I read on that website the different alternatives to eat instead of meat. Does it get pretty expensive? I'm intrigued by your new devotion. Tell me more about how this all started and why this sudden change? Is the main reason because it's cruel to animals? I'll call you a little later.
Love ya
I don't know how expensive it gets. I'm new to this. (Today I found the former Brittany Webb's blog. We should ask her! If you're reading this Brittany, feel free to share any vegetarian knowledge you may have.) Yes, my whole reason is animal cruelty. It's not for the diet or because I don't like meat or global warming. I love hamburgers and I'm not an environmentalist. Jared had just mentioned to me one day how animals are treated in the meat industry. I started thinking about it a lot. I started doing some research and that video pushed me over the edge. I just figure it's an ethical issue I feel very strongly about so I should do what little I can. Wish me luck!
Hey! I'm glad you found my blog and said hi! It's good to hear from old friends. Also I have to tell you I love that you have decided to become vegetarian! As you know I have been pretty much my whole life, and to answer Raquel's question, it is actually a lot cheaper. I could go on and on about this because your reasoning is exactly my reasoning for not eating meat, but if you would like any recipe ideas or anything just let me know. I have tons of easy and fun ideas. Most people just don't realize that you can make almost anything just without meat. If your husband is still eating meat (as mine is) then I also have tons of ideas to make easy meals where you simply add some meat to. Just let me know if you want any spacific ideas or just some support. It was great to hear from you again!
You'll have to share your vegetarian recipes with me so I will know how to cook for you when you come home! That or you bring US dinner when you come home... hey, I like that idea! ;)
Hey Amy, my e-mail is: strangebritt@hotmail.com
e-mail me and I'll share some of my tips and ideas :)
Hey Amy! I'm glad you found my blog. It's been fun to read your's as well. I have to say that I'm impressed about your decision. It would be hard to make such a drastic switch! It looks like you are doing great! Keep in touch on this thing!
how dare you delete my comment
Post a Comment