

My best friend since 5th grade, Raquel, came to visit me yesterday in my classroom. She just graduated from BYU-Idaho and is going to be teaching 5th grade next year. We both went our seperate ways after high school and haven't stayed in touch as well as I wish we had. She has always been such a good friend to me. We have always kind of done our own things. I played softball and volleyball while she cheered and played basketball. While she was cheering I was hanging out with my other friends. But even when we didn't get to see each other that much, she was always my best friend. Cliche as it sounds--she really was always there for me. We both got married last summer and so it's getting even harder to stay in touch. But she's still a great example and friend. It was very fun to see her yesterday! Hopefully someday we will live next door to each other when we grow up, just like we always planned. (The marrying twins part didn't quite pan out but the neighbor thing still could!) Thanks Raquel for being such a good friend! Congrats on graduating and good luck teaching! You're gonna be great.
P.S. Here is a picture of us at EFY when we were 12 or 13 and one at high school graduation. They didn't scan very well so we look kinda weird. But you get the idea.
P.S.S. Raquel I put your pictures on my blog...hope you don't mind!

3 comments:
Awww...how cute are you two?!?! Can't to play with you gals this summer. Thanks for being our little event planner!
Lamey,
It is me your old friend Brian! How are things in the great state of Utah? Dental school sucks worse than any suck that ever did or will suck, but I can't complain. Actually I like Ohio State, and my wife and kid are pretty cool, too. I hope life is going well for you.
I about cried when I read this! Thanks! I think the world of you. It was so fun to see you teach your kids. I can tell you're an amazing teacher. No wonder your principal was begging you to stay.
Post a Comment