Monday, November 10, 2008

TrU Love

Due to my recent induction into the Ute Fan club, and after the fantastic TCU game, I spent a freezing night on Friday with Jared and his buddy Beef in line for BYU/Utah tickets. We camped out without a tent or sleeping bags. We had some camping chairs, a couple pairs of socks, some blankets, and a bag of spicy chex mix. Luckily one of our line "neighbors" just so happened to have an extra tent set up (weird...) and they said we could sleep in it. It did nothing to alleviate the excruciating cold and warm my poor frost-bitten feet. But I guess that trying to sleep on hard cement inside of a tent is better than hard cement outside of a tent or sitting in a camping chair for 12 hours. Unfortunately, our other line neighbors were rather vulgar, drunk, and smoking something out of a bong. They became progressively more loud and disgusting as the night wore on. But perhaps the heat from their countless lighted cigarettes kept me from losing any of my digits. (And the smoke possibly increased my chances of developing lung cancer...) But, despite the cold, smoke, and pornographic conversations, it was a pretty entertaining experience. And it proved to be all worth it because we got tickets! They now lie in our special "ticket" box, right alongside Mr. Neil Diamond. Go UTES!

The Friday Night Line--Jared was in line at 1:00 PM Friday and our tickets are still standing room only. Some people camped out from Thursday night until Saturday morning. Crazies.

"Sleeping" Arrangement (They're not really sleeping...they're just closing their eyes because of the blinding flash I surprised them with.)

The Saturday Morning LineUs: Freezing cold, pissed that people were cutting in line, but almost to the ticket office.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

YAY! You blogged! I was almost dying from lack of updates here. I'm happy you got the treasured tickets. I'll be thinking of you here, in my warm house with hot chocolate and popcorn. ;)
Love you

Chris, Brooke, and Jude said...

I bet Beef was a real ray of sunshine the whole time. I have spent many days with him when he gets insufficient sleep. Just ask Jared about Cove Fort.

Kristin said...

I can't believe you guys are going to Neil Diamond! Man... I know some would-love-to-go-but-can't-afford-$100-per-person-tickets-cuz-the-cheaper-ones-are-gone-and-Jon-Schmidt-won-out people. I hope you have fun!

raquelb said...

How fun are you guys? What a great memory to look back on! I'm glad to see that you're having a life other than teaching! ha ha. Now I know why students think their teachers live at the school...they almost do!

Powell said...

lol- that is too funny. I probably would have gave up and made steve stay without me... Even if that's mean. :) You're a trooper, but it will be fun to look back on forever- and you get to go to the game! I will have a very jealous husband.

Stefanie D. said...

Haha....gotta love those drunks..they're at least good for some entertainment!

Hali said...

I LOVE it, and I'm so SERIOUSLY jealous that you get to go to that game. Have such fun!