Monday, June 1, 2009

It was a big day...

Today marked the first day of my last full week of school. Also, I had two students in my class suspended for smoking weed. 10 year olds. Awesome. And Jared and I started our hypnobirthing class tonight. I really liked it. If you don't have any positive comments about un-medicated childbirth, I am requesting that you keep them to yourself. Thank you.

9 comments:

Debbie said...

Yay for the last full week of school. SAD about 10 year olds smoking weed. Yay for the hypnobirthing class and for unmedicated childbirth! (Did Jared like it too?) And a GIANT YAY for a blog update and for news from my daughter! I've wondered how you were doing. ;) Love you.

Kristin said...

Yay for updates! I have a few friends that think un-medicated childbirth is the way to go, so...you go girl!

raquelb said...

Can I just say that I love you? Sorry about the weed thing. I can't imagine 5th graders smoking. What the heck? three more days...three more days. Are you having a retirement party because I would love to come! :) What all does hypnoborthing entail? Are we talking the whole tub thing or just no meds? Educate me girl.

SoRenSeNs said...

Yeah, I agree with the last comment. What is hypnobirthing? And as for non-medicated birthing, go for it. You know my story - Kaysen came by c-section early so I didn't experience anything labor related, not even contractions. It makes me sad to not know what any of it is like, and I probably never will since I'm stuck with c-sections now. I say if you can, experience all that you can, including the pain.

KK and Company said...

Hey Amy! So there are a lot of women in my ward who are all about the non-medicated birth thing... they say that it is the most awesome experience to push your body and mind as far as it can go. So you go girl!!! Not sure if I could do it, but I think it's so awesome!! :)

Januari and Jaden said...

I've heard that a lot of women love it and say it's the only way to go, but I, also, have no idea what it actually is and how it works. Would you mind giving us more info??

Powell said...

If you can do it without medication I give you props. I was planning on it and once my contractions got to the highest point I cracked- I didn't take any classes to help deal with it though. You've made me want to look into it.

Julie said...

I'm all for modern medicine, but my sister, who is a labor/delivery nurse says that hypno-birthing is the way to go if your doing an "unmedicated" birth. I hate it when people say "natural" birth, because I had my babies "natural" too. Just with an epidural!

There's my two cents!

Good luck! I'm so excited for you guys!

Brittany said...

Love the hypno-birthing! I did that with my first. Good luck! I hope everythings going good!