Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I C O N

I used to work at a place called ICON in Logan where they make exercise equipment. I worked in Human Testing. Yeah believe it...I got paid to work out. It was my favorite job ever even though I got paid $1.99 per hour. I became a "runner" while I worked there and I really liked it. Okay so I kind of jogged more than ran and I wasn't really that good at it. But I got in good shape and I ran/jogged every time I went to work. So I'm just gonna say that made me a runner. Since I left that job, however, I've been going slowly downhill in my running motivation and abilities. I started lifting weights a lot with Jared after we got married and didn't run so much. Then we stopped our gym membership and I basically pooped out. Yesterday I stopped by ICON to pick Jenny up an application, and I saw one of my favorite people who I worked with when I was there. She is a runner extraordinaire and she happens to have a blog. After reading her blog, I'm remotivated to run. So today I went out and ran a mile. Did it almost kill me? Yeah it did. But that's okay. I'm setting a goal to increase my runs by one mile each week for the rest of the summer. That means I should be running six miles by the time I go back to work. Thanks Heidi for the motivation! Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Clayton and Heidi said...

Who is your favorite person at ICON? I will have to say "hi" to her sometime. For some reason I thought I was your favorite person in this dump!!!

Thanks for the shout out! I have made the Madeo blog...how cool am I!?! In 3 weeks you will be ready for a 5K. Find one down in SLC and Clayton and I will run with you.

Debbie said...

Wanna borrow my iPod for some great workout music??? lol