
Today was one of those days when I didn't like my job. Just not sure what to do with a kid running away from class every day. And try editing 22 biography reports being typed by 3rd graders in the computer lab simultaneously needing help and wondering if they can print ("No you can't print! You have no periods, capitals, and the whole page is underlined in RED!") Needless to say, I was having a bit of anxiety today. And I was ready to get out of there when I heard the beautiful sound of the end-of-day bell. But, since we live far from Jared's school and he had late classes, I didn't feel like going home and lounging around by myself to wallow in self-pity. I needed somewhere to go where I could relax and wind down. What better place than the local Petco? I stopped to get some gasoline and check my oil (because of the unexplainable "check oil" light flashing on my dashboard...unexplainable because the oil was fine) and then I headed to one of my favorite places. You know, most people wouldn't think of a pet supply store as some place to unwind from a stressful day of "teacher! teacher! teacher!" But I, being somewhat odd, an animal lover, and having an intense longing to be a pet owner once again, enjoy the Petco environment. I mean, they even have a doggy treat bar. Where else will you find that? I headed straight for the rodent section first. Yeah I love rats...weird but what can I say? Next caught up with some reptiles, checked out the birds which I'm not too fond of, read through some dog books, and bonded with a giant, three-legged cat who was up for adoption. As I reluctantly exited, I thought to myself "I'm glad no one in there knew I actually don't have a pet and was in there just to recuperate from work, cause that's kind of weird." Well I guess that hope is gone because I just told the whole blogging world about my closet love of Petco. Please don't judge me.

5 comments:
This is not, in the least, a surprise to me. I'm glad you found someplace to go and unwind. Just beware... it can be very dangerous to go to a pet store when your emotions are in a weakened state. You may come home with an uplanned furry, four legged child one day. Done that myself.
Amy - I am so glad your mom "invited" you to my blog!! I just started blogging too. I'm not very dedicated but it's fun. Besides driving you to Petco (haha), how is teaching going? And how's Jared?
Luv ya,
Erin
Hey Amy!
How are you doing? How are you enjoying being married....alot of work if you ask me:) By the way I love you last name....its cool! Ya I'm having a baby come July...its crazy, I still cant believe it. Seems like everyone these days are poppin em out like bunnies! Ha ha! Anyways....I need your address so that I can send you an invitation to the shower in Payson in April, okie dokie? I hope your doing good....you look so pretty in your wedding pics!! Talk to you soon!
Darci Bentley
Amy!
I love your blog! I don't have your e-mail address or I wouldn't sent you an e-mail. We made a blog page today! Yay!
http://dksanders.blogspot.com
Anyways... we need to play! (and go to a pet store...)
Love you man!
This is the best blog in the whole world.
Post a Comment