I'm very scared of heights. I had come to terms with my eminent death the night before we were going to hike Angel's Landing. So we started off, passing the "WARNING: YOU MIGHT DIE" sign. I was still smiling then. We went up the killer steep switchbacks. I was fine. We got to what I thought was "the end" but no, it wasn't. When we reached the top of what I assumed was Angel's Landing, I looked out at a half mile ridge that I had to cross and then climb up to the top of a huge cliff. I could see people practically dangling off the side while they clung desperately to the chains. (The previous sentence was an exaggeration.) I cried. Jared said I didn't have to go because he's so nice to me even when I have emotional break downs. I went anyways. We made it. On the way down I ran into Joe and his new wife. It was a random place to see him. (Joe and I were friends in highschool and I hadn't seen him in like 4 years. I was sweating, had been crying early, was sunburned, dirty, and very anxious to get to the bottom. Needless to say I wasn't feeling very sociable at that moment. Sorry Joe about the short, unenthusiastic greeting. I really was happy to see you!) When we finally made it to the bottom, we took a picture of the huge mountain we had just climbed. I was glad I did it when it was over. I might even do it again someday...maybe. (P.S. I know...one of the pictures is sideways. It would take too long to fix it so I'm not going to.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Thank you for sharing the pictures of your near death experience. I'm going to wrap you guys in bubble wrap before your next adventure!
good for you, climbing that. I envy your life.
Ha ha...I love hiking Angel's Landing! Such fun. Glad you made it safely!
Angel's Landing is great! Next time you guys make the big trip down here to hike it CALL US! We would love to go with ya!
You better take me next time! Sounds fun though, I like the pictures... they remind me of my childhood!
Post a Comment