Monday, March 17, 2008

Sorta Birthdays and Mars




We had a fun-filled weekend! Friday night me, Jared, and two of my cousins with their husbands surprised my Grandma with Olive Garden take out. It wasn't actually her birthday (hence the "sorta birthdays" title) but it was close enough. I think we stressed her out a little because I told her I was cooking dinner for them. They thought it would just be me and Jared bringing dinner up. I'm sure she and Grandpa were sniffing the air and worrying about my cooking skills since their were no delicious odors wafting up the stairs. Also, the cousins were a little late so that added to their stress. But hopefully we made up for it when we all bounded up the stairs with cake, balloons, flowers, and giant Olive Garden bags in hand singing an off key version of happy birthday. It was fun and I believe it was her first surprise Birthday party. Saturday morning we got to go to the Treehouse Museum to celebrate our neice Riley's birthday. (Coincidentally this day was not her actual birthday either...please refer back to title of post.) She was turning three and she is adorable. All of our neices and nephews are adorable! Our kids are going to have some stiff competition in the cuteness realm. We didn't get great pictures of them all at the party. We headed straight from the Treehouse party to Salt Lake to meet my family for the "Body" IMax movie (which was awesome.) We then wandered around the planetarium and took a short trip to Mars, as you can see. We went to dinner after the movie in celebration of my little brother's birthday. Unfortunately he was unable to attend his birthday celebration due to the fact that he's on a mission in the Philippines. So his was the last "sorta" birthday celebration. I say "sorta" because you really can't celebrate a birthday if the birthee isn't there. Happy Birthday anyways Brian!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

What party animals you guys have turned into! Great Mars shot btw who was your photographer?
Love the blog.

susan said...

You are sooooo nice! thanks for taking care of grandma's birthday!
Susan