Thursday, March 13, 2008

Wheels




Today I loved my job. My class and two other third grade classes had a "wheels party." We let them all bring rollerblades, heelies, skateboards, scooters, and we provided roller boards for kids that didn't bring anything. Then we took them in the lunchroom, put on a CD (you know...the standard third grade "chicken dance" cd), and let them go crazy. The teachers all joined in too of course. I at one time had three kids hanging onto the back of my scooter board and four kids pulling me along at full speed. Yeah they ran me into a few innocent bystanders and some walls. But it was so fun! Sometimes I'm glad I get to be in third grade again. Today was one of those days.
P.S. Look at the kid with his eyes closed sitting in the middle of my cute kids. You may or may not have noticed that he appears to have no hair on top, but only on the sides. He does not actually have male pattern baldness. We are presenting biography reports soon where the kids dress up like the person they researched. He is doing his report on Gordon B. Hinckley. Apparently his parents didn't read the date carefully about when exactly he would need to look like the prophet. But the good news is he did have that hair cut for class pictures today.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Adorable class and a fun, fun teacher!

Kristin said...

So much fun! Yes, you have a cute class... I particularly like the girl in pink in the background of the last picture. She looks like she is in pain.